According to psychcentral.com, "psychotherapy is a process focused on helping you heal and learn more constructive ways to deal with the problems or issues within your life." It does not use any drug perscriptions. It is simply problem-solving techniques and counseling. If someone is currently going through something that is hard, which can be anything from a change school, career, envirnoment, divorce, or anything that may cause an increase of stress for them to deal with.
As I go further into researching psychotherapy, I am also trying to narrow down whether or not I want to explore the why or the how of psychotherapy works. I strongly believe that psychotherapy and its effects on the individuals who are and have been involved with it definitely vary. Therefore, it may be better to research how psychotherapy works verses why psychotherapy works, because you can easily narrow down the research with the how and with the why there would be so many different cases and scenarios that it may actually be pointless. With that all being said, I will continue to examine psychotherapy as a whole and then eliminate what will not work for the final Literature Review Paper.
substantive ideas here - a good start. but remember that compelling research must deal with proving validity, and not merely reviewing past examples to arrive at a survey list of past techniques.
ReplyDeletei would suggest that you explore those techniques used in psychotherapy from a communicative perspective - perhaps looking at issues like how therapists and patients develop rapport and trust through conversation; or perhaps how using personal narratives can help patients deal with certain sorts of issues.
keep thinking here - you seem engaged in your broad area, which is very good, and now you need to refine your focus and articulate a more specific research question that you want to investigate.